Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Having It Your Way Ain't Just For Burger King

My long time friend and buddy, Tom Lanier, loves to watch college football either live or on the tube ... it doesn't matter. The dude loves sports and he loves sports on TV! His wife, Jan, has often told me that when he dies (a long time from now I pray) we should prop him up in a chair and put a remote control in his hand with a video of the "run Lindsay run" Georgia-Florida game of 1975 playing on a TV in the background. The truth is that Jan really didn't say this, but I am sure that the thought has often crossed her mind. I always thought that something like this was a virtual impossibility ... but I have been proven wrong.

In addition, the words of my beloved and departed mother are ringing true once more.
She often commented upon hearing of a "different" sort of wedding or funeral that "There are two things you can have ANYWAY you wish ... your wedding and your funeral." There really are no hard and fast rules ... and these photos have proven it so.

Just imagine these pictures with the Pittsburg Steeler's blanket being replaced with a big ole' red Georgia Bulldog blanket and with Herschel Walker videos playing in the background. There should probably be a few pictures of UGA I,II,III,IV etc. and an autographed football signed by Larry Munson ... maybe a pair of Kevin Butler's shoes also. Now that would be a funeral!

I grew up in a family of funeral directors and I have never seen anything like this.

Yep, Mamma was right!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home