Thursday, December 07, 2006

The New Crack Cocaine

Our human depravity causes us to always seek the next big high. We just cannot be satisfied with the every day gifts of our lives ... we must always seek a new thrill, something different or a new escape.

A few weeks ago a friend introduced me to this substance. I have had a similar substance back in my younger days, but this was so much better than any substance I have ever experienced. She warned me that it was highly addictive and that if I were to use it one time, it would ruin my life ( like it has ruined hers). She gave me just a little a first but soon I was begging her to give me more. It only took a second. I should have known better! She tried to warn me but I would not listen.

Last night I found myself driving towards Publix supermarket in a blind stupor only to find that they had sold out of my new addictive passion. Sure they had other flavors made by the same company, but it is not the same! I forced the manager to call around to other Publix stores to see if my substance was in stock.

Finally my search was over! I don't even remember the drive but I DO remember running down the aisle to the ice cream freezer. It's expensive and full of calories, sugar and saturated fat, but I don't care. I used every ounce of my energy to drive home, run into the house, rip open the package, grab a spoon and jump to my usual seat on the sofa.

Relief at last!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home